Ah, Breakfast. Notice the capital ‘B’.
Breakfast is easily for me the best meal of the day – and although I work the 9 to 5 five times a week, I always make sure that I start the day with something tasty.
Though for convenience, the weekday breakfasts often consist of pre-preped chia pudding, overnight oats or quick thrown together smoothie bowls.
Although all (very) tasty, at the weekend I often crave for something more ‘sophisticated’. Something that will take that little bit more time to prepare and which I will savour while reading a good book or catch up on my favorite bloggers.
Somehow I see this as a practice of mindfullness, relishing in the moment of focus, the smells and flavours around me.
As on a typical Sunday, this morning I woke up with a need for a great Breakfast – it was as if my mind literally called for French Toasts!
Looking at the ingredients I had on hand, I came up with this little recipe, 100% vegan (and 100% delicious) that I hope you will all love!
So here you have it: vegan french toasts with pan fried figs and peanut butter drizzle.
I served my batch with a fresh pressed orange juice and a cafetière Coconut coffee. Bliss.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
- 1 ripe banana
1/2 Cup Almond Milk (or any plant based milk)
4 Slices Bread of choice
1 Pinch Cinnamon
- 1 drop Vanilla Extract
- 1 Ripe Fig
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut oil
- 1 Teaspoon Peanut Butter
- Fresh Fruits + Pistachio, Pecans or other nuts of choice
- In a blender, mix in the ripe banana, the almond milk, the cinnamon and the vanilla extract. Pour the resulting batter into a dip plate / bowl.
- Dip the bread slices into the batter until completely saturated.
- While the bread slices are taking on the batter, prepare the peanut butter drizzle by mixing a tablespoon of peanut butter with water until the mixture becomes runny.
- Heat up the coconut oil in the pan on medium heat.
- Transfer the bread slices to the pan and griddle on each side until golden brown. Place on serving plate.
- Griddle the fig slices for a few second on each side and place on french toasts.
- Had the peanut butter drizzle onto the french toast, add some pecan and pistachio nuts and serve with fresh fruits (I served mine with strawberries nd raspberries)